Monday, August 11, 2008

Old Crow Medicine Show New CD!

I was listening to KPFA's (Berkeley) program "America's Back 40" when I heard them playing a new Old Crow Medicine Show song. Up until that point I had no idea what OCMS was doing, and boy was I glad to know that they were making a new CD and from what I heard on the radio that it was likely to be a really good CD. The song was "Caroline" and it surely had more harmony than their last CD, "Big Iron World" which I did not think was as all together as their previous one, "O.C.M.S." Regardless, its hard for me not to love a band with a voice that sounds like Steve Earle, with fine picking, and awesome lyrics too. "James River Blues" on their Big Iron record really makes me think of "The Mountain" by Steve Earle and basically songs along that subject are surely bound to be great songs. This is with the exception to most all of Tony Rice's ethnic related songs, which make me vomit. I did however like the "Angel Island" one but that's only because I am Asian probably.

No comments: